Monday, February 22, 2010

Easy Kids Stained Glass Votive Craft

This easy craft is so fun and simple for the kids to do in the Winter or on a rainy day. They can make this for a gift for Birthday's, Valentines, Christmas or anytime just because.

My Daughters third grade class made these for their parents for a great Valentines present instead of the usual craft that usually ends up in the trash can.

Supplies:

  • Mod Podge
  • Clear Craft Sealer
  • Colored Tissue Paper
  • Glass Votive Holder
  • Paint Brush or Sponge Brush
  • Scissors
Cut the tissue paper into small squares no larger that 1" x 1".

With the paint brush apply a thin coat of Mod Podge to the glass votive one section at a time (about 1/4 of the votive will work) pick up the tissue paper square and press onto the glass in any pattern. Continue to cover the entire votive.

If you come close to the top apply a small amount just over the lip/edge of the votive and fold the tissue paper over the top edge.

When your are finished let dry for about ten minutes. In a well ventilated area spray a thin coat of sealer over the entire outside of the votive. This give it the wet stained glass look.

Let dry completely.

The kids can be very creative with many colors to choose from.

They make wonderful accents to center pieces ;)

Happy Crafting :)

1 comment:

  1. LOVER MOD PODGE! I COULD MOD PODGE THE WHOLE HOUSE IF GIVEN THE OPPORTUNITY! LOVE YOUR PREP ITEMS! YOUR BLOG LOOKS SO PRETTY! I HAVEN'T TRIED YOUR RECIPES YET...I HAVE TO GET BACK TO COOKING...I LOST MOMENTUM WHEN MY MOM DIED...LUCKILY MY HUSBAND HAS BEEN A GREAT COOK. SINCE WE'VE HAD KIDS, WHO HAVE BEEN EATING LOTS OF PASTA FOR TEN YEARS, I'M TRYING TO GET SOME NEW AND EASY RECIPES! I HAVE COOKING A.D.D. SINCE WE'VE HAD KIDS TOO! SO PASTA WAS KIND OF A RELIEF! I HOPE I CAN HANDLE YOUR RECIPES SO I CAN GET MY 15YR OLD DAUGHTER TO EAT SOMETHING OTHER THAN PASTA, EGGS, YOGURT AND MILK AND COOKIES. I WAS PICKY TOO BUT THIS IS RIDICULOUS. HER BROTHER, 1 YR. YOUNGER WILL TRY LOTS OF FOODS NOW...

    ReplyDelete

Thank You For Visiting!