Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Miss USA stirs controversy: Carrie Prejean

First runner-up Carrie Prejean (Miss California) was asked about legalizing same-sex marriage from judge Perez Hilton, the Internet blogger.

She said "I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman. No offense to anybody there. But that's how I was raised and that's how I think it should be," during Sunday night's live telecast.

Hilton was visibly upset, and there was a mixed reaction from the live audience. Carrie Prejean ultimately lost the title to Miss North Carolina, Kristen Dalton.

Keith Lewis, the executive director for Miss California USA/Teen USA, apparently said he was saddened by Prejean's response.

Carrie Prejean added that her answer "did cost me my crown," but said: "I wouldn't have had it any other way. I said what I feel. I stated an opinion that was true to myself, and that's all I can do."

What is your opinion? Please let us know, we would love to hear from you!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Visiting!